Friday, December 24, 2010

SHARING THE JOY: MUSIC REVIEW-MIKE CONLEY & FRIENDS, IT'S A CONLEY CHRISTMAS

Mike Conley & Friends
It's a Conley Christmas

I'd like to thank Mike for the opportunity to listen to and review his lovely Christmas CD.  Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Christmas and Christmas music and I really can never have enough Christmas CDs.  My collection hasn't quite reached the magnitude of my books, but give me time...LOL!

Here are the tracks on the CD:
  1. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
  2. Christmas Time is Here
  3. Little Drummer Boy
  4. My Favorite Things
  5. What Child is This?
  6. O' Holy Night
  7. Bad Boy Christmas
  8. Winter Wonderland
  9. Away in a Manger
  10. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  11. The Christmas Song
  12. We Three Kings
I like Mike's style on this CD.  Some of the songs are very traditional and some have a newer sound and the arrangements are terrific.  I am very pleased to add this CD to my collection.  Here is a list of the songs I like the best:

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies:  The songs from the Nutcracker are truly some of my favorites...especially this one.  It is a short rendition, but no less charming.
Christmas Time is Here:  Again, one of my favorites, ever since the Charlie Brown Christmas.  This version is also featured on Sounds of Christmas, Volume 2 (which I reviewed earlier this month) and is one of my favorites this year.
Little Drummer Boy:  Not much to say.  Always a favorite and a nice version.
My Favorite Things:  I love The Sound of Music and I love when this song is featured on a Christmas album because I used to watch this movie during the holidays every year when I was a girl.
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas:  Judy Garland's version is hard to top, but I always seem to love this song in any version. 
The Christmas Song:  Another great version of a traditional favorite.

To learn more about Mike Conley and to purchase his music visit his website HERE

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.