Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SHARING THE JOY: EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS

On this beautiful first day of December, I am sharing with you a wonderful book I discovered and bought a couple of weeks ago.  It's Everything Christmas from Bordon-Winters LLC, a book concept and packaging company run by partners David Bordon and Tom Winters. 

Here's a description from Goodreads:

Opening this book is like opening a box full of Christmas cheer.

Christmas is a time of celebration and wonder, a time to embrace longstanding traditions and establish new ones. It’s a time for meals made of memories and heartwarming stories shared around the fireplace. It’s a time for worship, reflection, and remembrance of God’s greatest gift.

Everything Christmas brings all the best ideas for the holiday season together in one volume. In this book, you’ll find your favorite classic Christmas stories and a few new ones destined to join them. You’ll discover the most delectable holiday recipes, enjoy the words to treasured hymns and carols, be encouraged by inspirational Christmas poems, and find renewed joy in the Nativity story. From decoration ideas to Christmas trivia and humor – it’s all here!


My thoughts:

I love this book not only because of its content, but also because of the way it is set up.  It's like an Advent calendar in a book.  Each day from December 1st through December 24th contains pages of Christmas joy.  Recipes, stories, poems, scripture...it has everything!

I love it so much that I've decided to share something from it's pages for each day of the month up until Christmas Eve.  I'm going to create a page specifically for it.  Just look for the tab 'Everything Christmas'.  I hope you enjoy the parts I share and if it's not enough, head out and purchase your own copy.  It's sure to be a wonderful addition to a family's Christmas traditions.  I know it will be for mine!

Happy Holiday Reading!

2 comments:

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.