Saturday, July 27, 2013

Christmas in July: Weekend Crafting

Always looking for ways to display the Christmas cards you receive each year? I came across this fun and unique idea for doing just that. Enjoy!


Christmas Card Brag Board

Materials: 
  • Clothespins Gold or Silver spray paint 
  • Christmas Fabric or wrapping paper 
  • 16" X 20" inch canvas 
  • 1/4” red ribbon or craft trim 3 
  • Christmas picks / decorative items of your choice 
  • Staple gun or hammer and nails 
  • Scissors 
  • Hot glue gun 
  • Optional: Mod Podge 
Instructions:
Spray paint each clothespin with gold or silver paint. Allow to dry completely. Cover canvas with fabric. Staple fabric to the back of the frame. Or: Cover canvas completely with mod podge. Adhere the fabric orpaper to the canvas. If using paper, mod podge over the paper. Allow to dry completely. Dismantle Christmas pick. Using your hot glue gun, decorate along the top of the canvas with your Christmas pick elements. String the red ribbon across the canvas and attach at each end behind the canvas with a staple gun or hammer and nails. Repeat every 5 inches down the canvas. Clip Christmas cards to the ribbon.

Here's a handy video tutorial too!



Read more at http://www.allfreechristmascrafts.com/Christmas-Wall-Hangings/Christmas-Card-Brag-Board/ct/1#pbCh2FEvZTjK1rZr.99

I'll finally be posting Weekend Lit tomorrow. I've been posting the series Christmas in Ritual and Tradition periodically for about two years now and I decided I would compile it into one full piece, as it was intended, and post it on it's own page. Watch for that tomorrow!

Always in spirit....

3 comments:

  1. We had Christmas in July for VBS at my church this year, which I loved. The following Sunday we even sang Christmas carols and I played Christmas songs for the prelude and offertory. I think we should do it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas Cards so I'm always interested in new ways to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to display christmas cards. Some year I put them on ribbons, some years in a basket .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.