Saturday, November 21, 2015

The 6th Annual Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge is finally here!


I'm so sorry for my lateness this year! Seems life has really caught up with me lately!

Like last year, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies AND the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon is back again this year. Keep reading for details!

Details and sign up:
  • challenge will run from Monday, November 23, 2014 through Wednesday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
  • Levels:
            --Candy Cane:  read 1 book
            --Mistletoe:  read 2-4 books
            --Christmas Tree:  read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
          Additional levels:
            --Fa La La La Films:  watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
            --Visions of Sugar Plums:  read books with your children this season and share what you read
          *the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
  • the most important rule?  Have fun!!!
  • I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts.  You will find it at the top of the right sidebar.
  • Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).
One final note:  The giveaway this year will be a first prize of 3 books for $10 from Better World Books bargain bin (a charitable book selling site that benefits literacy worldwide) and a second prize of a $5 digital Amazon gift card. This giveaway is open internationally.

I hope you will join me!

Grab a button...check the right sidebar...there's a grab code. And don't forget to check out the Read-a-Thon details at Seasons of Reading!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


Always in spirit...

21 comments:

  1. Michelle--just a note, your dates say 2014. I hope a time machine isn't required for this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the wrong link the first time, so I resubmitted, if you want to delete my first one. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most gorgeous blog!! I'm in for a goal of5-6, including children's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wait for your challenge ever year! Thank you for running it again! I am going for the Christmas Tree level this year - yes, I'm a fanatic! Also, I will start watching Christmas movies after Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My linky is just to sign up but I will add post of my goals later. So glad you include movies--I've already started watching the Hallmark movies. Alicia Witt has a new one that was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've signed up. Can't wait to get started! Here's a link to my post: http://imdreamingelsewhere.blogspot.ca/2015/11/christmas-spirit-reading-challenge.html?m=1
    (I hope the link worked c;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops! In my eagerness to sign up I forget to leave a link.

    http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/reading-challenges-christmas-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll jump in and try to read at least two books - The First Christmas, by Marcus Borg; and The Three Sisters by Sonia Halbach. If I can fit it in, I'll try to get to Dickens' The Chimes.

    Happy reading everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Christmas in awhile, and am looking for some great new titles to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to it! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I've been looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Michelle, It sounds so fun I signed up and I can't wait. I have a few in mind. :) Thanks so much for doing all this even with your busy schedule.

    Erin Al-Mehairi
    Hook of a Book Media and Publicity

    ReplyDelete
  13. I signed up.Looking forward to it!
    I can't find the linky for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found it! YAY! I am looking forward to this again.
    I will be doing the --Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books
    With the Additional levels:
    --Fa La La La Films and a dash of
    --Visions of Sugar Plums:

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for this one! I joined at the Mistletoe level!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joined the challenge on December 1 (the comment above) and decided to create my own, more personal, blog. Just re-signing up! Still at the Mistletoe level and almost through the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here I am for another wonderful Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, Michelle! I'm joining in a little late, I know.....I almost didn't make it, because this year is not as happy for me as past Christmases have been.....someone I dearly love cannot be with me this year....but I think I should do something to honor the season, anyway. I just won't go into all the decorating I usually do.

    Maybe I'm crazy for attempting five books this time around, but we'll see how it goes....

    I hope all is well with you and your family! And I also hope you're having a stress-free holiday season, at least so far! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I've decided to participate with my other blog, as well. It's named MindSpirit Book Journeys. I'm posting historical Christmas romance reviews on this one. And I'm back to the Mistletoe Level -- two books on each blog. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2016/01/christmas-spirit-reading-2015-challenge.html

    Here is my wrap up. Thanks for hosting this challenge for another year. I succeeded with my goal and got to read so many great Christmas books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just noticed there was a problem with link #35, so I put it in again, as #38. If you click #35, you won't find any post for The Christmas Spirit Challenge announcement on my blog. Link #38 does work, though. I don't know why #35 doesn't....

    Thanks again for hosting this challenge every year!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.