Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{Guest Post} Holiday Magazines--Kai from Fiction State of Mind


Well, we are moved in at my mom's house, but everything is still in disarray.  We're still trying to get stuff arranged and it's going to take me weeks to get my books shelved and organized.  We're hoping to have a lot done so we can put up the Christmas tree on Friday.  Have to keep Christmas good for the boys.  Anyway, I'm hoping I'm finally back on track with Sharing the Joy.  *fingers crossed*  Today my guest is Kai from Fiction State of Mind and she's sharing her favorite magazines for holiday ideas.  Enjoy!

HOLIDAY MAGAZINES

Hello Everyone! I’m so happy to be on Michelle’s blog today. In so many ways Michelle is my Blogger Soul mate...we love so many of the same things, especially Christmas!

One of my favorite sources for Holiday ideas is through the Holiday editions of magazines. So today I want to share with you some of my favorite magazines and some tips I learned from them as well as some gift ideas.

Real Simple
www.realsimple.com

One of my favorite magazines! Not only does the December issue have some great tips for the Holidays but I also discovered the company Kikkerland: www.kikkerland.com where I found this amazing Robot tea Infuser.

Victoria

I really enjoy everything about the Victorian Era especially all the little details they added to their holiday celebrations. In this issue I discovered the company Ashgrove Press: www.ashgrovepress.com  They make board games based on A Christmas Carol and Pride & Prejudice. Wonderful holiday gift ideas:



Victoria also had a great article about Terrariums that inspired me to visit www.terrariums.com and plan to make my own terrarium.

Family Fun

In the November issue there is a great Recipe for Blockbuster Cookies and Parsley pesto Vegetables. There is also a great guide on spending time together during the Holidays and gift ideas.

Whole Living

I have good intentions towards baking, especially during the Holidays. I found a review of this book, which I definitely will be getting:

I also found a unique recipe using Sweet Potatoes for breakfast 

That’s just a sampling of the magazines that are full of Holiday inspiration and Recipes. Hope your Holidays are Merry!

**********

Such great ideas to be found! I love holiday magazines myself.  There is usually so much inspiration in them.  A big thanks to Kai for being my guest today!

Always in spirit....

2 comments:

  1. What a great list. I'm off to check them out. Most are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that Christmas Carol board game.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.