Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Festive Yuletide - Go Caroling Day


Today is Go Caroling Day according to National Day Calendar.

The tradition of singing carols has roots in pagan celebrations of the Winter Solstice. Carols were later adopted by the Christian faith to celebrate the nativity during the 4th and 5th centuries and were primarily sung in Latin. St. Francis of Assisi improved the popularity of singing carols when he paired the songs with stories (canticles), and the songs were performed in modern languages. The Victorian era saw a surge in caroling, and many popular caroling songs still sung today were written during this era.

What are your favorite carols? I share one of mine below...


Since I missed yesterday (sorry!), I'm sharing something extra today. I love the 1994 version of Little Women and I always make sure I watch it during the holiday season. Below is a video from the film of the sisters and Marmee singing "Ding Dong Merrily On High" on Christmas Eve. One of my favorite scenes from the film. 


Always in spirit...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.