Saturday, December 16, 2023

A Festive Yuletide - A Christmas Secret by Anne Perry


I'm going to try to do some semblance of posting on here this Yuletide season. I realize things have slowed down on here in the past few years. Admittedly, I haven't been feeling the spirit as much, but I'm trying to get back into it. So, I'm trying out the 10 days of Christmas this year. 10 posts, 10 days, with the last post on Christmas day. I hope you will join me, and will enjoy what I share this year.

Today I'll share a few thoughts on Anne Perry's light Yuletide tale, A Christmas Secret. I really enjoy reading mysteries set during the holiday season. Even though there may be a murder to solve, there is also always something festive going on, whether it's food, or good cheer. I'm not a religious person, but even so, I can definitely agree with the message in Dominic's Christmas day sermon, "That is what Christmas is: everlasting hope, a way forward to the best in ourselves and all that we can become." Words to live by, at Christmas, and all year long.


Just in time for the holidays, Anne Perry gives her fans a marvelous a new yuletide yarn full of light celebration and dark mischief.Dominic Corde is thrilled to “fill the robe†as substitute vicar in the village of Cottisham, while the Reverend Wynter is away on a three-week Christmas holiday. Glad to escape his dreary London flat and a less-than-satisfying job as church curate, Dominic and his beloved wife, Clarice, set off for what they hope will be a lovely winter getaway.Upon arrival, in the midst of a frigid, exceptionally snowy season, Dominic and Clarice are welcomed by warm, hospitable neighbors and enchanted by the cozy, inviting vicarage. Everything seems almost too perfect. Dominicâ€s only concern is how he will be received by the congregation, who hold the Reverend Wynter in such high regard. But as Clarice soon discovers, she and Dominic have much more dire matters to worry about. It turns out that the Reverend Wynter isnâ€t on holiday at all–and that something very sinister has transpired.As a blizzard leaves Cottisham treacherously snowbound and the isolated village swirls with unsavory secrets, Dominic and Clarice suddenly find themselves in deadly danger.

Always in spirit...



1 comment:

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.