Thursday, December 12, 2019

Sharing the Joy - #GingerbreadHouseDay #Christmas


Today is Gingerbread House Day and I know for many families the making of a gingerbread house is a time-honored tradition. So what happens if you just don't have time to make one, or the inclination? I know I still have making one on my bucket list. I thought I would be able to this year. Unfortunately, I'll have to put it off for another year. No worries though...I found a cute, creative and easy alternative, courtesy of the Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook.


Giant Gingerbread House Cookie
12 Servings
  • 1 pouch (17.5 oz) gingerbread cookie mix
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
  • Assorted candies (gumdrops, peppermints, candy canes, red cinnamon candies, candy sprinkles), if desired
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper.
  2. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter, water and egg. Roll dough in pan to about 1/4 inch thick.
  3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Use pizza cutter to cut gingerbread house shape from cookie. Cool completely.
  4. Use frosting and candie to decorate gingerbread house as desired. Use any excess cookie pieces as decoration. Cut into piece to serve. 
My personal notes: 
  • I will probably make my own buttercream icing to use. I'm sure any frosting or icing would work.
  • The image is just one example of how your house can look. Make it the same, or make your own creation. 
  • Have fun!

Always in spirit...

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! House cookie instead of a cookie house! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.