Saturday, November 8, 2014

The 5th Annual Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge - Details and Sign Up!


I had mistakenly thought that last year was the 5th year, but it's actually this year. Yay! Are you ready!?

Like last year, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies AND the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon is back again this year. Keep reading for details!

Details and sign up:
  • challenge will run from Monday, November 24, 2014 through Tuesday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
  • Levels:
            --Candy Cane:  read 1 book
            --Mistletoe:  read 2-4 books
            --Christmas Tree:  read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
          Additional levels:
            --Fa La La La Films:  watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
            --Visions of Sugar Plums:  read books with your children this season and share what you read
          *the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above

  • the most important rule?  Have fun!!!
  • I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts.  You will find it at the top of the right sidebar.
  • Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).
One final note:  The giveaway this year will be a first prize of a $10 digital Amazon gift card and a second prize of a $5 digital Amazon gift card. This giveaway is open internationally.

I hope you will join me!

Grab a button...check the right sidebar...there's a grab code. And don't forget to check out the Read-a-Thon details at Seasons of Reading!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


Always in spirit....

28 comments:

  1. Ooh I think I might sign up this year! I have a bunch of HF Christmas short stories/novellas that I picked up this year that I was hoping to read a few of. And I'm actually on vacation most of the week of the read-a-thon. I will have to sign up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting this Challenge again! I have been looking forward to it all year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to have found this challenge! I made my own resolution to read more holiday-themed books this season, and now I have the perfect incentive to follow-through :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to doing this again!
    I am Christmas Tree and Fa La La

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I'm In!! & I've already started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I was looking for a reason to reread A Christmas Carol:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Michelle!

    I'm so glad this time of year is approaching again!! I always look forward to participating in this challenge!

    And I LOVE your new blog design!! So pretty!

    One little thing.....I should have linked up to a post with my list of books...but well, I can link up again with that list, on the first day of this challenge.

    Thanks for hosting this every year!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Christmas reading challenge. Looking forward to it.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really looking forward to this years challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful page, Michelle! Love the sidebar images. One of them reminds me to re-read Irving's Old Christmas, which I usually like to do on Christmas Eve or thereabouts. Making my list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to this all year. So excited to participate once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait! I love reading Xmas books in December and it's great to have others to do it with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to it love reading and love reading Christmas books this time of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I'm in (and your readathon too). I'm not sure what I'll read yet, but will have to compile a list over the weekend and have my official post up on Monday. Thanks for hosting Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Until I get this tablet figured out, I'm signed up via goodreads -
    Christmas bookshelf has some of my anticipated reads ;)
    Thanks for the great motivation, Michelle!
    From a seasonal reading fan...

    ReplyDelete
  17. 11/23/2014
    Just found your site and WOW it's really beautiful! I'm in for the long haul so I'll start making my list.Haven't read A Christmas Carol in years,so now is the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am excited to join in both of the challenges. I am off and running!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to taking part in a Christmas Challenge this year. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha oops! I forgot to change the title in the linky to just my name! I want to do the Mistletoe level and the Fa la la la Films level! I will be participating on Twitter if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This year I'm actually going to complete the challenge. I am going to read at least 2 Christmas books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Got a good head start in the CSReadathon. Now I am going for all the levels here this month :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes! Have now created a page for my Christmas Spirit Reading participation
    TY Michelle for the motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for hosting this challenge. I ended creating a second post for my recap, so sorry I'm in #41 for the sign up and #46 for what I read for the challenge. I will be back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Michelle, I just wanted to thank you for hosting yet another wonderfully festive challenge. Already looking forward to 2015's. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so excited for this challenge! Definitely has me thinking of all the wonderful Holidays reads & movies on my list :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.