Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Rudolph Day and Sharing the Joy 2014 Kick Off! #sharingjoy2014


The season is here again! Are you as excited as I am!? Every year I feel like a kid again. It's not about the presents or the "commercial" side of things. It's about recognizing the truth of giving, sharing friendship, the love of our families and spending time with them and all the fun that goes along with it. The sights and sounds of Christmas...you don't have to be rich or spend a lot of money to enjoy them. There's free holiday music on the radio and on online stations (check out The Sounds of Christmas in the right sidebar) and there are plenty of free Christmas light displays in our local neighborhoods to marvel upon. Seeing my sons' eyes light up at the sights is enough to make my season bright! Every year, I try to do my small part in spreading the spirit around with Sharing the Joy here on The Christmas Spirit.  I really hope you enjoy it this year!

What do I have in store for you this year? Giveaways, guest posts, book reviews, movie reviews, recipes, poems, literature, music, crafts...if it's Christmas, it will be here! Also, my Christmas Around the World posts will be back this year to continue sharing Christmas traditions and customs of foreign countries.


Be sure to check the sidebar menu for the Everything Christmas Daily Advent link, as I'll be adding to that this year. I'll also be adding more to the menu so keep checking.

I invite any authors or bloggers out there who love Christmas to contribute a guest post, if you would like.  It can be anything Christmas-y...a story, poem, top ten lists, favorite things, share pics of your Christmas decor, etc., etc.  If you would like to contribute, please contact me via the form which can be accessed in the menu at the top of the right sidebar.

 Don't forget about the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge. It just started today so you still have time to sign up. You can get all the details at this POST. The Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon is also going on this week through Sunday. You can still sign up and join us HERE.

For those of you already participating in the challenge, there is a page with a review linky that you can access via the menu at the top of the right sidebar. I would like to try something new this year. I would love to feature a review (or two) from each one of you this year here on The Christmas Spirit. Please contact me via the form (top right sidebar) and let me know which review you would like me to feature from the linky. Of course, I will link back to you and give you full credit. 

Also, new this year for the reading challenge...we have a Pinterest group board! Access it at the link in the right sidebar menu. Follow me on Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/truebookaddict/) so I can follow you back and invite you to the board. You can pin your goals posts and reviews there too, if you like.

I created a hashtag for Sharing the Joy this year. #sharingjoy2014  So, if you feel like sharing any of my posts, be sure to use the hashtag.



Happy joyful holiday season!!!

Always in spirit....

1 comment:

  1. You got some great ideas going on here. I take some pretty nice pictures, if you like any of them, feel free to use them. I'll post them on my page during the season.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.