Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Announcing Christmas in July 2013!


I had intended to announce this yesterday on Rudolph day, but time got away from me. So, today I'm officially announcing Christmas in July 2013! If you have visited here before in July, you know that I always have a lot of good stuff going on. Stories and poems, music, crafts, recipes and more. I'm hoping I can get some of my Christmas loving friends to contribute again this year. *hint hint*


This year I'm starting something new. I was inspired by my friend Tif (Tif Talks Books) and her Postcard Adventure. I say inspired because while Tif is sending postcards to others during her travels this summer, I'm designing this as more of an exchange. And so, the Christmas in July Christmas Card Exchange is born! I'm not going to restrict this to U.S. only. However, if someone finds that they can't afford to send internationally, you don't have to. Not sure how much participation I will get, but even if it's just a few of us, it will be fun.

If you would like to participate, please fill out the form below. The email address is required so I can send everyone the list of people to send to. Deadline is Wednesday, July 10 at 11:59pm CST.



If you would like to contribute this month with a guest post on ANY Christmas related topic, please fill out the contact form (top right sidebar).

Always in spirit...

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the Christmas card exchange! Couple of questions ... how many would we be responsible for sending? Do they have to be actual Christmas cards or can they be something else with a Christmas in July greeting? Since I will be traveling, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I officially sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did I sign up for the card exchange, but I'll be thinking up a post for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a big help, Ryan! Looking forward to it. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fun, Michelle! I'd like to know how it works though - - like Tif posted, how many cards? Christmas theme? When are we sending them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,


    Right now we only have about 7 people signed up so it's not looking like we will have to send out many. Send to everyone on the list, but you don't have to send to the international peeps. I'm going to, since I'm hosting, but so far it's looking like one and that's Puerto Rico which is a U.S. territory so... The deadline to sign up is July 10 so I'm thinking we won't go over 20 people on the list. And yes, I think a Christmas theme is appropriate, but use your discretion. I'm not going to be all rule-y. LOL! After the 10th, I will email the list of addresses to all participants and then you can send the cards out. Just try to send them so people will get them before the end of July.


    Hope you will sign up! Fun! Let me know if you have other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee.....I just found out about this event.....I really have to stop by more often. Look at all the fun I've been missing! I guess it's too late for the card thing, but I'll go and check out the other posts for this event. And I'm now going to follow you with Bloglovin', too!! Hugs!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.