Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sharing the Joy with Maria from A Night's Dream of Books


I apologize for being so neglectful this holiday season.  As many of you know, I've had some personal issues going on that have severely hampered my "joy" this season.  I can't believe the new year is here already, but I'm so glad 2012 is over.  I'm ready for a new life in 2013!

Sharing the Joy is going on through Sunday (Twelfth Night/Epiphany) and I'm hoping to have a few more things for you between now and then.  I'm trying to finish up some Christmas reading so I can post the reviews.  Anyway, the lovely Maria from A Night's Dream of Books generously helped me out by writing this wonderful guest post.  I hope you enjoy it!


During the Christmas season, I only want to read Christmas-themed books, whether they be fiction or nonfiction.  Of course, beautiful covers play a part in this, as well, since I am immediately drawn to books with striking covers.

For this post, which I'm contributing to Michelle's gorgeous blog, I thought I'd feature some of the most beautiful Christmas covers I've ever come across.  And here they are! 


Mass Market Paperback, 332 pages
Zebra Books
October 1, 2011
Christmas Romance
  
I would say this is one of the most beautiful Christmas covers I've ever come across!  It should really be a Christmas card.  Also, it looks like a scene from a movie, and the guy sure could be Harrison Ford's twin!  The lady's gown and cloak are exquisite, the colors are luminous, and the gently falling snow makes me long for a cozy fire and hot chocolate.  This cover is absolutely full of the Christmas Spirit!


Hardcover, 256 pages
Ballantine Books
November 1, 2011
Christmas Romance, Paranormal Fiction
  
This cover has lots of my favorite color -- blue!  I also love the snowy pine needles, which certainly evoke the blustery cold of winter, as well as giving a very magical feel to the entire image.


Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Zebra Books
October 1, 2011
Christmas Romance, Paranormal Fictikon,
Suspense

This cover is so magical!  I love the way the whole image just glows!  The colors are absolutely enchanting, and that little girl staring wistfully into the store window is the perfect touch, as is the small Christmas tree in the lower, right-hand corner.


Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
HQN Books
October 26, 2010
Christmas Romance Novellas
  
The most beautiful thing about this cover, of course, is that exquisite wedding gown!  I wish I could go back in time, just so I could get married again in such a gorgeous dress...  I also love the contrast of the bright red around the oval window, with the icy blue of the outside landscape.  I do wish, though, that the author's name weren't right smack in the middle of the cover...  It's still one of my favorites, though!


Hardcover 258 pages
Howard Books
October 23, 2012
Christmas Romance, Christian Fiction
  
This cover is absolutely stunning!  The composition, the colors -- everything is just perfect.  I love the golden glow from within the bookstore, the couple standing in front of one of the door's inlaid windows, the two Christmas trees twinkling with golden lights...  Of course, I also love the glimpses of all those books inside the store!  And those old-fashioned doors, combined with the script used for the title, really give this cover an authentic look!


Hardcover, 144 pages
Andrews McMeel Publishing
October 1, 1998
Christmas Traditions

I had to include a cover from one of my favorite illustrators, Mary Engelbreit!  I have admired her art for years.  She creates such beautiful, whimsical, totally magical illustrations!  I had to enlarge this cover more than the others because it just doesn't adjust to the same size as the others.  Besides, I wanted to make sure that every detail could be seen.  This Santa Claus is so tender and sweet...I love that the artist pictured children giving him hugs, which he's obviously enjoying.  I love the little toys around the bottom of the image, the colors, the lettering....I simply love Mary Engelbreit's art!! 


I hope you all love these gorgeous covers
as much as I do!
They certainly exemplify
the eternal spirit of Christmas, don't they?



 Please don't forget to enter the giveaway for Cupid's Christmas by Bette Lee Crosby.  It runs through Sunday night, January 6th.  ENTER HERE

Always in spirit....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Michelle!

    I was so glad to contribute a post to this, one of my all-time favorite blogs!!

    Christmas is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL season, and all the colorful images associated with it are a huge part of that beauty. I never get tired of them!! Christmas-themed books have some of the most stunning images on their covers, so when I buy and read them, I'm combining my love of Christmas with my love of books! This brings me SOOO much joy!!!

    As I was growing up, I always eagerly awaited Christmas morning, hoping to find a BOOK underneath the tree. And, whenever I did, the whoops of unrestrained glee could be heard all over the house! NOTHING could flip me out like a book!!

    So I can tell you that I had a lot of fun gathering gorgeous Christmas book covers and writing my thoughts on them, to share with you and your readers!!

    I hope everybody enjoyed reading my post, and especially, looking at these covers that are so filled with THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!

    Thanks to you, Michelle, for inviting all of us to send in a guest post!! I was more than happy to do so!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.