Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Reading Challenges and Sharing the Joy Wrap-Up



The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge and Christmas in July in December
I signed up for the Christmas Tree level (for the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge), to read 5 or 6 books and I'm pleased to say, I read 5 adult novels, 2 childrens' books, and I watched a slew of movies!

Here's what I read:
The Quiet Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott (did not review--4 stars on Goodreads)
The Gift by Cecelia Ahern (my mini-review--A bit of A Christmas Carol feel to this one so it's a given I would like it, but told in a new and original way.  No lightly tiptoeing on broken glass here.  A Christmas book that really makes you think, but not the run of the mill Christmas fare. I highly recommend it.)
The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts (review)
The Gingerbread Bump-Off by Livia J. Washburn (review)
Next Christmas in Girouette by Michael and Dylan Welch (review)

Childrens' Books:
Tumbleweed Christmas by Beverly McClure Stowe (review)
Little Shepherd by Cheryl Malandrinos (review)

Stand-Out Movies:
Motion Pictures:


Arthur Christmas
Disney's A Christmas  Carol

Television movies:

Debbie Macomber's Trading Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
A Princess for Christmas (Hallmark Channel)
Dear Santa (Lifetime)
Annie Claus Is Coming To Town (Hallmark Channel)
The Christmas Pageant (Hallmark Channel)
12 Dates of Christmas (ABC Family)
Christmas Comes Home to Canaan (Hallmark Channel)

I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge! I know I sure did.  I will be hosting again this year for Christmas 2012 so I hope you all will join me again.

The Sharing the Joy event also ended on Friday.  I hope it was a fun month of interesting posts for you.  I wish I could have done more! There are still some giveaways going on and I'm going to extend the deadline on a couple of them so go enter! If you love Christmas as much as I do, be sure to stop by every month on the 25th for Rudolph Day and all month long for Christmas in July.

Always in spirit....

2 comments:

  1. This was a lot of fun, hope you plan on doing it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it, and can't wait for your next one either , Sally xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.