Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Christmas reading plans and #NationalCookieDay


Here it is a few days into December and I haven't even spread any cheer yet! Well, better late than never, right?

I did not get much Christmas reading in during the Christmas Spirit Readathon, but lucky for me, we still have the reading challenge going on. I have a nice stack of books lined up. Not sure if I'll get to them all (probably not), but at least I have a variety to choose from. I'm currently reading The Nutcracker and The Mistletoe Promise.


This Christmas Treasury came in my latest book order so I'm adding it to the list.


Today is National Cookie Day! In honor of the day, I'm sharing this Egg Nog Cookies recipe. I'll definitely be trying these out this year.


EGG NOG COOKIES

Ingredients
  • 1 c. softened butter
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 c. eggnog
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 3 and 3/4 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. nutmeg
  • Frosting:
  • 1 and 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/4-1/2 c. eggnog (to spreading consistency
  • 1 tsp. light Karo Syrup
Instructions
  1. Mix together butter and sugar.
  2. Add in eggnog and egg.
  3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
  4. Chill for at least one hour.
  5. Drop by teaspoonfuls (I rolled mine for a second) onto greased baking sheet.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
  7. When you pull them out out the oven, push tops with the bottom of a greased flat bottom glass to flatten a bit.
  8. Cool on drying rack.
  9. Frost with eggnog frosting and sprinkle with nutmeg (the karo syrup makes the frosting harden a bit when dry)
Image and recipe credit: Coupon Cravings

This week also has Cookie Cutter Week and Cookie Exchange Week going on. 

Here are some interesting cookie cutters I found around the web. 

For us bookish people, I adore this one (I'm thinking of getting it this year and making Christmas book stack cookies!). Book Stack Cookie Cutter


How about these Fred ABC (Already Been Chewed) Cookie Cutters. I just love these!



I love this set of three different types of Christmas trees cookie cutters. The bent over tree is adorable!


You may not have time to host a cookie exchange during this week, but you can do one any time during the holiday season. Tessa at Handle the Heat has some awesome ideas for hosting one...and free printables to boot. How to Host a Cookie Exchange.


Always in spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.