Saturday, November 10, 2018

2018 #Christmas Spirit #Reading Challenge - Sign up!

It's that time of year again!

As usual, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies AND the Christmas Spirit Readathon is back again this year. Keep reading for details!

Details and sign up:
  • challenge will run from Monday, November 19, 2018 through Sunday, January 6, 2019 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany). 
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged! 
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level! 
Levels:
--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)

Additional levels:
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read

*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above


  • The Christmas Spirit Readathon is back again this year. I'll be hosting once again over at Seasons of Reading also starting Monday, November 19 through Sunday, December 2! Details and sign-up can be found HERE.
  • the most important rule? Have fun!!! 
  • I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts. You will find it at the top of the right sidebar. 
  • Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).

One final note: The giveaway this year will be a $15 donation to the winner's choice of a human rights organization, such as the ACLU, Boys and Girls Club, Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, Amnesty International, It Gets Better, Planned Parenthood, or another human rights organization of your choice, perhaps your local chapter or organization. This giveaway is open internationally.

I hope you will join me!

Grab a button...check the right sidebar...there's a grab code. And don't forget to check out the Readathon details at Seasons of Reading!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.



Always in spirit...

28 comments:

  1. Love your festive glow Michelle. It is so contagious. Signing up for the challenge of course going to Grinch up all the way to the Christmas Tree level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to hit the Christmas tree level. Thanks for the holiday fun.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for hosting this each year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward eagerly to reading The Nutcracker and a book on Bethlehem that I have been saving for the season! Also, enjoying those Hallmark Christmas movies already! Thanks, Michelle, for your Christmas Spirited blog posts and festive events 🙂🎄🎁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to attempt this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to read all those Christmas stories I've stashed up:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ready !
    Thanks, Michelle . Post is up, bookshelves raided, library holds booked, movies stacked, tea at hand, snacks ? gotta go... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed-up but no post yet as I just saw this. I'll be looking through my books and make a list. I actually really want to try to do it this year and do something fun with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in. Hopefully will be posting on my blog as well as Litsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just added my challenge page. Hope I'm not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in for mistle toe and fa la la la films. Hallmark baby!lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finally got my act together and signed up. I'm aiming for the Christmas Tree level because my holiday TBR has a lot of books on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late signing up this year. Sorry about that. I will have to brush the dust off my blog to post about my reading. I'm sure I will get at least to the Mistletoe level, possibly Christmas Tree. My first selection is "The Nutcracker" by E.T.A Hoffman that I am reading with my Classics Book Club! Thanks for always keeping the Christmas Spirit alive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's my sign-up post. https://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2018/11/i-participate-in-this-challenge-every.html
    Phew! My blog was dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy holidays readers! I signed up. Posted my initial book picks at https://instagram.com/p/Bq7fqIQnVMm/ - find me on Instagram as lara.maynard and on Twitter as @MaynardLara. Will also check out the Pinterest board.

    Is there an official Christmas Spirit reading challenge hashtag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, Just want to add that I think the prize in great - in keeping with the Christmas spirit of giving! Thanks for doing that.

      Delete
  16. Hmmm, l don’t see the review linky. Is that where we post books completed. Please direct me to it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this URL if anyone else if looking for it: https://truexmasspirit.blogspot.com/p/reading-challenge-reviews.html

      Delete
  17. I finally remembered to sign up! Thanks for hosting.
    I don't see this year's linky either.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to update the review linky! I will have it up by the end of the day. Sorry! The link will be in the sidebar menu.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finally here is my start link for the Reading Challenge with my book list as well films and shows. :) https://hookofabook.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/books-and-movies-im-watching-for-christmas-reading-challenge-myself/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I logged 23 books for the 2018 Christmas Spirit Readathon - mostly kids' books and Christmas craft and cookbooks - and have gathered them here on this Goodreads shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/18499870-lara-maynard?shelf=christmas-spirit-reading-challenge I've included a book or two about Hanukkah in there, as it fell during the holiday and reading challenge period.

    So I made it to Christmas Tree level plus.

    And I watched some Christmas films and specials including the classic cartoon version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas from the 60s; Charlie Brown's Christmas; Happy New Year, Charlie Brown; Mr. Popper's Penguins; The Nightmare Before Christmas; a documentary on PBS about European Christmas markets, a Mrs Brown tv show Christmas special and a few Christmas specials of The Great British Bake Off show.

    So I think I made the Fa La La La Films level.

    And also Visions of Sugar Plums, reading a local Christmas title aloud to some of my nearest and dearest.

    I also listened online to some holiday readings of stories and poems for the season via a CBC Radio program called As It Happens and others on Youtube and elsewhere. There's a great recording of author Neil Gaiman reading Dickens's A Christmas Carol on a BBC site.

    Happy New Year, everyone, from me in Newfoundland on January 6, Old Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that should be Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge rather than readathon. I'm also doing a wrap-up post on my Instagram - @lara.maynard

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you got some great reading in. I didn't watch any of the Christmas movies/specials I wanted to this year, aside from the new Grinch.

      Delete
  21. I've added my 23 #csreadingchallenge book reviews to the review linky. Or you can check them out from this Goodreads shelf: on this Goodreads shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/18499870-lara-maynard?shelf=christmas-spirit-reading-challenge

    I'm all out of Christmas cake unfortunately, but I've got some winter season titles left to read, including a novel by one of my favourite authors, Wayne Johnston, called First Snow, Last Light that I got for Christmas.


    ReplyDelete
  22. I also watched the Victoria Christmas Special on PBS. I love PBS for period drama and have been enjoying the Victoria series based on Daisy Goodwin's book Victoria. So that might have been my favourite bit of holiday viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge wrap up on is Instagram (@lara.maynard): https://www.instagram.com/p/BsV5EEOn4Ks/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=df4ddz1cz63w

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.