Monday, November 7, 2016

Countdown to the Season 2016


Back again this year with a series of posts to get us ready for the season. I have lots to share, including upcoming events!

Music

In case you missed it, be sure to stop by and read about the new Christmas music coming out (or already released) this year, brought to you by Ken at Sounds of Christmas. You can read the post here. There are some really great artists on the list this year. I plan to pick up a couple myself.

TV

Over at the Hallmark Channel is their Countdown to Christmas with 19 original movies airing every Saturday and Sunday through Christmas. Fun! Plus, Christmas movies all day and all night every day. Personally, I love watching their Christmas movies. Heartwarming and just the thing to help get you into the spirit. I watched The Mistletoe Promise, based on the book by Richard Paul Evans, on Saturday night. It was really good. Hopefully, they will show it again if you missed it. Check the Christmas TV schedule at It's a Wonderful Movie (links below).

Freeform (formerly ABC Family) is doing their annual 25 Days of Christmas. There will also be movies and specials on Lifetime, INSP Television Network, UP channel, TV One, Food Network and on network TV, of course. You can see the full schedule of the Christmas TV schedule at It's a Wonderful Movie, an awesome site that keeps us fully updated on all the Christmas TV doings all season long.

Events


My annual season long event, Sharing the Joy, starts the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be sharing book reviews, baking, cooking, stories, poems, crafting, guest posts (hopefully) and more. Anything Christmas goes!


The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge is coming up Thanksgiving week and to help kick things off, I'm hosting the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon again this year over at Seasons of Reading, November 21 - 27. Sign up information for both events is coming soon! I hope you will join me for this Christmas reading tradition.


I hope you're looking forward to the season as much as I am!

Always in spirit...

3 comments:

  1. Christmas is my absolute favorite season by far! Thanks for the great informative post--I'm looking forward to all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Evans' books, and The Mistletoe Promise is one of the ones that I want to listen to. I had no idea there was a movie! Too bad that I don't get The Hallmark Channel.

    Can't wait for your sign-ups!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.