Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge: Wrapped Up Like a Gift!


First, I'd like to thank everyone for joining me for this annual Christmas reading fest! My holiday season was a bit of a whirlwind due to my having a health scare a couple weeks before Christmas...and then an allergic reaction to the antibiotics a week later. Ugh! So I didn't get to post much here on the blog like I wanted to. I did get in some reading though. My favorite of the season was Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennett (you can see my review in an earlier post here on the blog). I also watched a TON of Christmas movies, mostly on the Hallmark Channel. Some favorites out of the new ones this year were Christmas at Cartwright's, The Nine Lives of Christmas, and A Cookie Cutter Christmas.

I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge and that you liked the addition of the group Pinterest board. We will continue to use the board each year for the challenge. I enjoyed seeing your pins of what you read. I apologize if I didn't get to stop by every review.

I'm posting the same linky that was used for sign up so if you do a wrap-up post, just link up using your name/blog name and "wrap-up" in parentheses.

Thanks again for joining me! I hope you will stop by here each 25th of the month on Rudolph Day to see if I have any Christmas delights posted. I'm hoping to get back into the "spirit" of this blog this year...Christmas year round.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


Always in spirit....

3 comments:

  1. Loved the Challenge . The hunt for Christmas and winter themed books, audiobooks and movies for me, and books for with 1 1/2 yr old grandson. The atmosphere and influence of the selections and the introduction to so many new to me was a Christmas Gift to myself. Thankyou, Michelle!
    I anticipate the 6th Annual with pleasure!

    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is late, but I linked up my Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge Wrap-Up post listing all the books I read and most of the movies I watched. I so look forward to this Challenge every year. Thank you for loving Christmas as much as I do. Unfortunately, now I have to put my decorations away. Have a great new year and I'll see you next November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late post.....my Christmas season was hectic, as well, as I'm currently in the process of moving! My husband and I spent most of December looking at condos. We finally bought one, and now I'm in the middle of packing up all of my books.....

    I'd like to thank you for hosting this challenge every year! I always look forward to it most eagerly, as the Christmas season is my FAVORITE time of year!! In fact, I LOVE it so much, it's hard for me to take down the decorations when it's all over.....so my Christmas tree is STILL up, and my Nativity scene is still displayed at its base! Lol. I'm not lighting the tree up every day, though.... Oh, I just HATE the month of January!!

    Well, all I can do now is hope that the months will fly by!! Hope you & your family had a VERY Happy New Year!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.