Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sharing the Joy: Weekend Crafting - I made a wreath!


This wreath I made last night came from the $6 Dollar Wire Hanger Christmas Wreath craft from the book, Six Sisters' Stuff: Family Recipes, Fun Crafts, and So Much More! I own this book and their other book, A Year with Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes, and Ideas to Bring Families Together (unfortunately, I do not have their new Christmas book yet). I LOVE their books. I cook with their recipes ALL the time. This was my first time to make one of their crafts and it was a terrific experience.

I used these exact ones (Kmart.com)

The others were similar to these,
but with more red, lighter blue and pink

For my wreath, I used two different types of ornaments (80 total, shatterproof). I made the bow with wire edged ribbon. I've been making bows like this for years so that part wasn't new, but making the wreath was a new...and fun...experience. Mine cost a bit more than $6 because I didn't have the ornaments just lying around. I had to buy them, but I got a great deal during the Black Friday sales.


Full instructions for this craft, including a ribbon making tutorial, can be found at the Six Sisters' Stuff website HERE.

Let me know if you end up making one. Would love to see your finished project!

This post is a part of....




Always in spirit....

2 comments:

  1. Six Sisters stopping by to check out your darling wreath! We love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.