Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2013 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge - Details and Sign Up!


It's time! The 5th year of the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge! Like last year, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies...and I have an extra special twist this year...so read on!

Details and sign up:
  • challenge will run from Friday, November 22, 2013 through Monday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
  • Levels:
            --Candy Cane:  read 1 book
            --Mistletoe:  read 2-4 books
            --Christmas Tree:  read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
          Additional levels:
            --Fa La La La Films:  watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
            --Visions of Sugar Plums:  read books with your children this season and share what you read
          *the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
  • the most important rule?  Have fun!!!
  • I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts.  You will find it at the top of the left sidebar.
  • Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).
One final note:  I am going to do a giveaway of one mystery box of Christmas books to participants in the U.S. I will also pick an International winner who will win $5.00 to spend at Amazon.

I hope you will join me!

Grab a button...at the top of the post and be sure to check out the Read-a-Thon details at Seasons of Reading!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Always in spirit....

21 comments:

  1. You know I'm going to join. I'm still deciding on what level to choose but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Michelle, I've been creeping on your blog waiting for this! Thanks for loving Christmas as much as I do. I'll be back when I get my post done to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm baaaack! I don't have a list yet, but I put a post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll be able to participate in the readathon T-day weekend but I would love to sign up for some Pagan Christmas reading and Christmas movies!!!! I'll put up my post soon :) Thanks, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed last year's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bff found this challenge and thought I would enjoy this (which I absolutely will) Will be doing the Mistletoe challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. All About Christmas :

    http://reda-christmas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. For several years I've been all about Christmas books after Thanksgiving. I take it a step farther though and continue my Christmas reading binge through Jan 6, the actual end of the Christmas season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge! Won't start until after turkey day, but looking forward to getting in the spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely page this is, Michelle! I am definitely reading a few Christmas things this season, including Winter Solstice with #TuesBookTalk, A Christmas Carol reread with the Pickwick Club, and maybe one more Dickens Christmas ghost story. :) I will see what turns up! Thanks! ~lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first read-a-thon, what a great way to get into the Holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just joined up yesterday at the Xmas tree level! Can't decide what I want to read first though! Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Michelle! Well, here I am again, and all excited for this year's challenge!! I will try once again for the Mistletoe level, and will watch my favorite Christmas movies, as well! Hope you have a GREAT Thanksgiving! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got my list up today. I am looking forward to getting some Christmas books read

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally signed up! I'm almost done with my review books for the year, so I may actually have time to read for fun in December. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry. I can't find the page to post our reviews. Could you send me a link at sharen@neo.rr.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe this is my third year doing the Challenge. Thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always I'm loving this years challenge and having just posted my first two reviews look forward to reading nothing but Christmas books for the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got my list up today. I am looking forward to getting some Christmas books read awesome stuffs for Christmas 2013 is here

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting this challenge! I just linked up my final reviews to complete the Christmas Tree level, bringing my total books read to 8 -- more than even I thought I would read :) Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.