Saturday, July 10, 2010

Feel like getting crafty for Christmas in July?

I don't know about you, but I have a TON of empty Altoids mint tins lying around that I thought to myself, "These could be used for something!"  Well, I have the perfect Christmas craft for you that utilizes these wonderful little tins...and it's a recycled craft so what could be better than that?!

I found these ideas on a site called Over 140 Christmas Ornaments To Make.  Be sure to check out the site for the other 138 ornament crafts.  They really have some clever ideas over there.

Altoid Box Ornament I

Paint the tin black, let dry. Glue a piece of Christmas paper to the front. Cut a Christmas card image and glue to the background. Glue on a metal embellishment and a ribbon rose. Glue a hanging charm and the top hanger to the inside. Also glue another picture to the inside. Glue braid all around the outside of the tin, leaving the lid clear. You can very carefully open the lid to access the inside for a special gift or hidden treasure.

Altoid Box Ornament II

Paint the tin black, let dry. Glue miniature nativity figures to the front, a star to the top, and sprigs of gold 'greenery' to the bottom. Attach fancy braid around the sides, and a hanger at the top.

I think a clever variation on this one would be to glue a picture (from a recycled Christmas card) on the front and then glue the miniature figures inside the box.  These would not have to be just nativity figures.  You could do snowmen, Santas, animals, etc.  The possibilites are endless!


I hope you enjoy these ideas and if you don't get around to them now (it is hard to be Christmasy in the hot month of July), save them for closer to the Christmas season.

Happy Christmas in July!

Always in spirit...

Don't forget...if you would like to do a guest post for Christmas in July, email it to me at miller4plusmore@bellsouth.net


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! They are cool, aren't they? I'm definitely going to make some this year.

    Have you come up with a guest post yet? No pressure, but I know you would come up with something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.