Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas movie: The National Tree


I watched The National Tree last Saturday night on the Hallmark Channel.  It was a great movie for Christmas, but also for life.  While watching, I found lessons of environmental responsibility (not preachy though), Christmas spirit, and coming of age.  And it was quite interesting because I did not know that an Evergreen tree of this size could actually be replanted! In all, I really enjoyed the movie and Andrew McCarthy being in it was all the better.

Synopsis:

In its search for a new national Christmas tree, the United States enlists the Box of Toys organization to help run a nationwide contest. The winning tree belongs to 17-year-old video blogger Rock Burdock (Evan Williams), whose father, Corey (Andrew McCarthy), planted the Sitka Spruce for him the day he was born. One week before Thanksgiving, Corey and Rock, accompanied by marketing rep Faith Russell (Kari Matchett), embark on a drive across the country to bring the tree to Washington, D.C., where it will be planted across from the White House and lit by the President and the First Family.


Rock dreads spending days on end with a dad who doesn’t understand him, but Corey hopes the trip will allow for some father-son bonding, however belated it may be. As the Burdocks make their way across the country, their tree garners more and more fans, as do each of them. However, with the increased media attention, the tree’s significance begins to be more about its marketability than its sentimental value as a national symbol, and it’s up to Rock and Corey to decide – as a family – which is more important. (from the Hallmark Channel website)
 
Encore of The National Tree airs again on the Hallmark Channel tonight at 8pm ET.
Also:
12/5 2pm ET
 
For a great season-long schedule of all Christmas television programming, visit It's a Wonderful Movie.
 
Happy Christmas Viewing!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see it, I want to see it! I wonder if it will come on in France. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one. I didn't even see it advertised on the channel. There are so many shows on everywhere for Christmas that I can't keep up with them all.

    Sounds like a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the kind of hombre who loves to taste recent stuff. Presently I am constructing my personal pv panels. I'm making it all alone without the help of my staff. I'm utilizing the net as the only path to acheive this. I saw a really brilliant site which explains how to build solar panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

    I'm not sure bout how correct the info given there is. If some guys over here who had xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the site it would be grand and I would extremely value it, cause I truly passion solar panel construction.

    Thanks for reading this. U guys are great.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Blessed Be.